A new networking platform for teachers around the world
Kevin Ruth, Executive Director of the Educational Collective for International Schools (ECIS) invites schools and educators around the world to join the ECIS Connect platform to extend their professional networks.
What is ECIS Connect?
Whether you are already working in the international education sector, interested in global education, or just starting out in education, Connect is our fast growing international community, open to teachers whether or not they are members of ECIS and is absolutely free to join.
There’s more information on the ECIS Connect video:
What are the benefits of joining?
Once you are a member of ECIS connect, you will be able to
- Grow your personal network by connecting with fellow practitioners from around the world
- Share knowledge and resources by joining groups that reflect your areas of interest
- Help others by offering to provide advice, or mentor someone who is looking to grow and advance in their practice
- Discover upcoming professional learning opportunities: webinars, courses, workshops, and conferences
- Read recent, curated research on teaching, learning, and leading
- If you represent a school, create a school page, where your school can attract followers with whom you share news and announcements
- Search for people, schools, or suppliers of products and services through our member directory
What do users say?
Nancy Lhoest-Squicciarini of the International School of Luxembourg is an enthusiastic user of the new platform:
“ECIS Connect platform promotes global connectivity by providing a central location to collaborate with fellow educators. The “Willing to Help” feature has created a virtual mentor system that allows educators to reach out to those platform members who share similar interests and passions. I am now a mentor to a teacher in Finland. Our first conversation ignited a mutual learning experience to promote best practices in international education.”
Whole school staff membership and App
ECIS can also help school heads to register their entire staff, again entirely free of charge. Just contact email@example.com and ask for more information. And yes, an app for that is coming on iOS and Android.
Find out more
To find out more and to register for ECIS, please visit www.ecisconnect.org
Kevin Ruth is the Chief Executive and Executive Director of ECIS, one of the oldest and most respected international schools associations with member schools and teachers around the world.